- City Services
- City Clerk
- Business License Information
- Transient Businesses
As Defined by City CodeThe City of Southaven Code of Ordinances (Title 8, Chapter 7) defines a transient business as follows:
- Any business conducted for the sale of merchandise or services that is carried on in any building, structure, motor vehicle, or other means of conveyance, railroad car, or real property for a period of less than six months in each calendar year.
Applying for a LicenseA transient vendor or transient business who desires to transact business within the City must apply for and obtain a Transient Business License before transacting business. Also see Permit for Accessory Vending.
LicensingA license issued to a transient vendor or transient business authorizes a transient vendor or transient business to transact business only within the corporate boundaries of the City. The license application shall be filed with the municipal tax collector and must include all of the following:
- Name and permanent address of the transient vendor or transient business making the application
- Statement describing the kind of business to be conducted, the length of time for which the applicant desires to transact business, and the proposed location of the business
- Name and permanent address of the applicant's registered agent or office
- Proof that the applicant has acquired all other required City, County, and State permits and licenses
For more information contact the City Clerks Office: email@example.com