Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Posts
Posted on June 16, 2015 at 5:47 PM by Darren Musselwhite
(1) To protect property values within the city;
(2) To protect the general public from damage or injury caused by, or partially attributable to the distractions obstructions which result from improperly designed or situated signs;
(3) To provide a pleasing overall environmental setting and community appearance which is deemed vital to the continued economic attractiveness of the city;
(4) To improve the legibility and effectiveness of commercial and governmental signs;
(5) To allow signs appropriate to the planned character of each zoning district;
(6) To promote the public safety, welfare, convenience and enjoyment of the unique character of the City of Southaven.